- geotectonic zoning and identification of large structures, including potentially oil and gas bearing;
- prospecting and exploration of strong magnetic iron and titanium magnetite ores;
- prospecting and exploration of metal (sulfide copper-nickel, tin, polymetallic and other ores) and nonmetallic minerals containing magnetic minerals (magnetite, pyrrhotine and others);
- identification and delineation of basic and ultrabasic rocks, identification and tracking of tectonic dislocations and formations with various magnetic properties, determining depth of rocks, identifying tectonic elements of crystalline basement;
- prospecting of non-magnetic minerals occurring among magnetic enclosing rocks;
- prospecting of magnetized archaeological sites.